Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Small Town Living

The realization that we now live in a small town came on suddenly yesterday evening. After accompanying me to a long day of training at work, Ivy and I stopped off at the Acton dog park.
Ivy was greeted by at least 6 other dogs and quickly blended into what looked like a scene from a Hairy Maclary book.
The owner of a dog, affectionately and accurately known as Bear, introduced me to the group that meets regularly at the dog park. It wasn't long before I was told I had missed NSD Cruiser by a mear 30mins! 
A while late, when the sun had completely set and Ivy and I were the last soles in the park, to my regret I threw the ball one last time. As I type this entry the ball remains at the dog park.
I circled the park for one last look, and saw someone walking towards me. An enthusiastic and friendly greeting informed me that this lady was NSD Cruiser's Mom! The gentlemen at the dog park had seen her and let her know that NSD Ivy was in the dog park! 
Not 3 minutes into our chat and I knew I had made a friend for life! 
I think I'm going to like this smal town stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment